– a descriptive Damara name, meaning: “Place of Camel Thorns, abounding with Candle-Pod Acacias” is more than just a place, it is an experience…
Located a mere 29km south east from Windhoek, and situated on a hilltop overlooking a spectacular landscape, we offer our services as a luxurious Lodge with an unique combination of Wildlife, Nature and Wellness experiences.
GocheGanas has an interesting background – to the beginning of this century.
The farm “GocheGanas” is first mentioned in the archives in 1903. In April 1913 the farm was sold for 210 000 Mark, and included the sale of 175 ostriches. The deed of sale specifies that the new owners, Stoermer and Denk had the obligation to farm the land and not to resell it without approval of the “Kaiserliche Gouvernement”. Failure to comply with these conditions, would result in a fine of 10 000 Mark.
GocheGanas is situated in central Namibia, a mere 29 km south-east of Windhoek. Take the B1 out of Windhoek, after 20 km turn left on the gravel road D1463 for 9 km and turn right through the GOCHEGANAS entrance gate. After passing through our imposing gate, you will travel another 5 km along a winding road, leading you to the Lodge.
• Wide Open Spaces – totally unpolluted, crisp & clear.
• 29 km from Windhoek and the Domestic Airport.
• 76 km from the International Airport.
• GPS reading: S 22 48 43.8, E 17 12 50.7 / -22.81218, 17.21408 – 1,818 meters above sea level.