– a descriptive Damara name, meaning: “Place of Camel Thorns, abounding with Candle-Pod Acacias”.
Located a mere 29km south east from Windhoek, and situated on a hilltop overlooking a spectacular landscape, we offer our services as a luxurious Lodge with an unique combination of Wildlife, Nature and Wellness experiences.
The farm “Gocheganas” was originally first mentioned in the archives in a lease agreement of 1903 between the Baster Jan van Wyk and the Boer de Wet. Eventually the farm was sold to Stroemer and Denk for 210 000 Mark, who had the obligation to farm the land and not to resell it without approval of the “Kaiserliche Gouvernement”. Ownership passed through several hands since then. Mainly cattle were bred on the farmland, but also first-class horses. In the years 1914 – 1915 there was a Police Station, a Gouda cheese factory was established and then Gocheganas became a successful dairy farm, finally being converted into the fine Nature Reserve it is today.
GocheGanas is situated in central Namibia, a mere 29 km south-east of Windhoek. Take the B1 out of Windhoek, after 20 km turn left on the gravel road D1463 for 9 km and turn right at the imposing GocheGanas entrance gate. After 5 km along a winding road, you will arrive at the parking area of the Lodge.
• Wide Open Spaces – totally unpolluted.
• 29 km from Windhoek and the Domestic Airport.
• 76 km from the International Airport.
• GPS reading: S 22 48 43.8, E 17 12 50.7 / -22.81218, 17.21408 – 1,818 meters above sea level.